Bachelor's Degree Accounting, taxation section
To meet the labour market expectations and the accounting profession evolution, the accounting programme is based upon different lines:
- A general training focused on courses with an economic orientation such as: general economy, business organisation, management and marketing;
- A technical line which allows you to master accounting, taxation and law subjects as well as a permanent updating in these domains;
- The computer tools learning related to accounting;
- And finally, the study of a foreign language.
In addition to those courses, the student will continuously be confronted to the professional world: he/she will attend lectures given by qualified speakers, he/she will participate to accounting fairs and will visit companies.
This specialisation offers a programme to its accountants which is focused on tax advice for private people and companies but which is also aiming at public service to work as a tax auditor.
In addition to the in-depth study of the classical taxation subjects, the programme also organises European taxation courses as well as tax engineering.
Summary of 3 years
01 1st year
During the first year, you will follow a general training based upon the needs of the programme, as well as a first approach of accounting and taxation.
02 2nd year
The second year is focused on an in-depth study of the programme course choice such as taxation, accounting and law.
03 3rd year
The graduation year is focused on the aim of this Bachelor’s Degree and allows you to check your knowledge by means of different subjects such as engineering, accounting control, corporation tax, procedure, income tax and multidisciplinary exercises.
It is also during the third year that you have to carry out a professional integration work placement that will last 15 weeks.
By the end of this three-year programme, you will be directly ready to work as:
In a private, public or non-profit company:
- An accountant (or accounting assistant)
- A tax adviser
- An adviser for the preparation to a financial, accounting or tax audit
- A deputy financial controller
- A finance officer
In the public administrations:
- A controller for the Belgian Federal Finance Department
The holder of this Bachelor’s Degree can access to the entrance examination of the certified accountant training available at the Certified Accountant Institute or at the Accounting and taxation experts institute. In addition, the holder of this Bachelor’s Degree will start this training with a number of courses exemptions.
Are you interested in this training?
Contact the coordinator.