Master Transmedia Architecture
This Master is co-organised with the HEAJ, the IMEP and UNamur.
” Transmedia storytelling represents a process where integral elements of a fiction get dispersed systematically across multiple delivery channels for the purpose of creating a unified and coordinated entertainment experience.” (2006, H. Jenkins)
In this Master, you will learn to:
- Design creative and unique projects (universe, solutions, experiences, information, etc.);
- Develop those projects on multiple delivery channels (video games, social networks, webdocumentaries, blogs, augmented reality, audio-visual fictions, etc.);
- Run a production team with multiple skills (developers, computer graphics designers, marketers, designers, electronics engineers, etc.), especially thanks to different management tools for collaborative projects;
- Create immersive and participative universes where the users will be able to produce content by themselves and become fans and ambassadors of your universe;
- Enhance your digital culture (tools, concepts, observation, critical understanding, etc.);
At the end of this programme, you will be able to develop a scalable communication using several media, offering the audience a possibility to participate to its evolution.
Transmedia modifies the media writing traditional rigidity. Its authors are real “architects” able to imagine a narrative universe on different formats.
Transmedia productions fit in different domains: journalism and information media, culture, art, education, citizenship, company communication, advertising and marketing, tourism, leisure, etc.
Summary of 2 years
01 Module 1 to 3
- It introduces the essential models and conceptions leading to the understanding of the media contexts evolution. It also leads to the understanding of present creation, participative and interpretative mechanisms of the audiences,
- It calls on the most recent studies on the audio-visual media, communication, sound environment, digital arts, design and innovation along with semiology and mediality,
- It is aimed at making you able to make a critical analysis of the mechanisms used to create meaning thanks to different delivery channels.
“Story Architecture – Authorship” module
- By means of workshops, it tries out the narrative techniques, the media writing (audio-visual fictions and documentaries, comics, animation), the sound environment design, the gamification,
- It is aimed at making you able to create a narrative universe, tell a story through different media and design the interactions with the target audience.
“Information and communication technologies” module
It deals with:
- new media technologies (web, …),
- user-centred design.
02 Module 4 to 7
“Transmedia Techniques” module
- It tackles the computer graphics techniques related to media, digital animation and video games,
- It introduces the image/sound editing concepts, as well as sound design and composition concepts,
- It is aimed at making you able to choose the appropriate engine and platforms to develop your project.
“Transmedia research and development” module
- It is dedicated to the avant-garde of the media changes,
- Objective: Foreseeing the new creative and technological developments,
- By the end of this module, you will be able to carry out watch-keeping, meeting and information broadcasting capabilities. You will also be able to develop a proactive attitude in a changing environment.
“Strategic management of projects” module
- It tackles the financial, HR, technical, strategic and legal aspects of the project development,
- It is aimed at making you able to handle an entire project and, by extension, to create your own job.
1 and 2 “Transmedia workshops and products” module
- Tangible development of a Transmedia project,
- You can activate, in a proactive way, the skill set of the teaching team (the different speakers of the previous modules),
- In this module, you are the real protagonist of your learning.
- Transmedia project manager
- Transmedia producer
- Audio-visual production officer
- Community Manager
- Storytelling specialist
- Creative director, artistic director
- Experience Designer
Are you interested in this training?
Contact the coordinator
or download the brochure.